SureCav has many advantages over traditional systems.
- It saves money: it costs £22.20 (including £3.00m2 installation costs) per square metre vs. the costs of using a backing block of £32.30m2 Click here to see cost comparison
- It guarantees a completely clean cavity
- Injection moulded from 100% recycled polypropylene
- It results in an extra 5% internal floor area on a two storey house if the original external dimensions are used
- SureCav is very light and takes up less than a quarter of the space of the concrete blocks it replaces
- It is Environmentally much more friendly, weight for weight, than concrete blocks that produce large amounts of CO2 in manufacture.
See the Carbon Footprint Calculations
- SureCav is easy to transport saving fuel (see below) and to move round a building site compared with concrete blocks.
- Footings are 100mm narrower meaning there is less excavated material to dispose of and less concrete in the foundations.
- When fixed, SureCav holds the insulation against the wall, guaranteeing it works to its full efficiency.
- Using SureCav ensures no water penetration from wind driven rain with a 50mm cavity not 75mm. Click here for more details.
40 tonnes of 100mm Concrete Blocks
Same wall area of SureCav as Blocks above